Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chemo # 6. Done.

I had my 6th chemo treatment on Tuesday.  I will get to skip next week, but then the following week, I am scheduled for a PET scan to see how the cancer is responding to the chemo. Please start praying NOW that it is working.  I am very nervous about the results.....

As I was sitting in the waiting room Tuesday, a lady noticed my Alabama Championship shirt (ROLL TIDE)  and asked if I was from Alabama.  We got to talking and found out that she is from Killen, AL (about 20 minutes away) and that she also has Triple Negative breast cancer and is taking the exact same drug cocktail I am.  Small world!

I have had a very aggravating cough for about 2 weeks, so before receiving my chemo, I was sent across the hall to Imaging to have a chest X-ray done.   It was clear, so chemo was administered as scheduled.  I am adding Claritin and Priolosec to my medicines to see if that helps with the cough. They think it is just allergy related. :/

Yesterday I got a  phone call from a friend of mine who was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  I have known her for about 4 years (my son used to have a crush on her... lol).  She is just beginning this journey and I was glad I was able to point her in the right direction (away from Kirklin Clinic! lol)  She has an appointment at Vanderbilt next week.  Please keep her in your prayers... she has a 12 yr old daughter.   It seems like every week I am learning about someone new that has been diagnosed.  Its sad, scary and makes me angry.

That's about all I know. 

Thank you for your continued support and your ongoing prayers.....  it means the world to me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment