Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dodged another bullet.....

I guess my life is going to consist of time in between PET scans.  That's ok.. I'll take what I can get as long as that time is spent in "remission".....

I went for a PET scan yesterday and got the results back today.  All clear.   Whew.   I was worried that something was acting up since I've had a rather large knot on the right side of my back for the past several weeks. It isn't cancer related and looks like now is a good time to find a massage therapist and let them "rub it out".

I met with a plastic surgeon today as well.   I have a decision to make.  Not now, but soon.  The surgery will be 10 hours long.  I will spend 2 days in ICU, in the hospital for 5 days.  I will come home with 4 drains.  I will be on pain meds and unable to drive for at least 2 weeks.  Did I mention the surgery will be 10 hours?  And that is with his TEAM of 4-6 other doctors.  I'm very nervous about it and wonder if the end results will be worth it all.  I mean, I want breasts. But do I want them BAD enough?   Am I being vain?  God has blessed me this far, I don't want to push it.  I plan on doing lots of research on the surgery and really weighing the pros and cons.  I want to talk to others that have had this type of surgery and see if they regret it.

That's all for now.  I know I haven't updated in a while and I keep saying I'll do better.  lol

Thanks for all the prayers.  They are much appreciated!!

Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment